Key Control Technical Analyst
College Station, TX
This position is an excellent opportunity for those who are interested in furthering their careers in the PC and Networking field. Associates develop valuable troubleshooting, problem resolution, and customer service skills while supporting a diverse customer base ranging from automotive dealers to government agencies. Our Key Control Technical Analysts provide technical assistance to our Key Product customers and field engineers. This assistance includes resolving issues with installations, PC systems, peripheral hardware, operating systems and networks.
Beyond this, you may have the opportunity to advance into:
• Testing PC hardware and peripherals, electronic components, and hardware testing applications
• Evaluating new software applications with our hardware platforms
• Developing hardware testing and production processes
• Redesigning current products to improve product stability and efficiency
• Creating and modifying technical documentation for support staff, installers, and customers
On-the-job training is provided and lasts approximately 6 weeks. Training includes: instructor-led lecture, reference documentation, searchable knowledge base, and hands-on training in labs. After training is completed and proficiency is achieved, you will be placed in the rotation for periodic on-call duty and shift work which is rotated weekly.
- PC skills
- Troubleshooting skills
- Professional verbal communication skills
- Technical documentation skills are a plus
- High School diploma or equivalent